We discuss relevant theological and spiritual books, chosen by the group. Come delve into some of the recent developments in theological and spiritual thought.
We meet each Thursday at 3 pm for a lively book discussion. If you would like to join us enter your contact information below.
The Arc of Truth: The Thinking of Martin Luther King Jr. by Lewis Baldwin
Previously Read and RecommendedLinks take you to Good Reads for reviews. Titles are available from internet libraries at no cost as audio or ebook where noted.
- Speak with the Earth and It Will Teach You by Daniel Cooperrider
- A History of God: The 4,000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam by Karen Armstrong
- In the Beginning: A New Interpretation of Genesis by Karen Armstrong
- The Heart of Christianity: Rediscovering a Life of Faith by Marcus J. Borg. Available in audio and ebook.
- Beyond Religion: Ethics for a Whole World by Dalai Lama XIV. Available in ebook.
- Beyond Resistance: The Institutional Church Meets the Postmodern World by John Dorhauer. Available in ebook.
- Beyond Contempt: How Liberals Can Communicate Across the Great Divide by Erica Etelson. Available in audio and ebook.
- Inspired: Slaying Giants, Walking on Water, and Loving the Bible Again by Rachel Held Evans
- From the Big Bang to God by Lloyd Geering
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer. Available in audio in English and Spanish or ebook.
- Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott. Available in ebook.
- Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We’re in with Unexpected Resilience and Creative Power by Joanna Macy, Chris Johnstone. Available in audio and ebook.
- The Universal Christ: How a Forgotten Reality Can Change Everything We See, Hope For and Believe by Richard Rohr
- Eternal Life: A New Vision: Beyond Religion, Beyond Theism, Beyond Heaven and Hell by John Shelby Spong. Available in ebook.
- Resurrection: Myth or Reality? by John Shelby Spong. Available in ebook.
- Unbelievable: Why Neither Ancient Creeds Nor the Reformation Can Produce a Living Faith Today by John Shelby Spong
- Congregational Leadership in Anxious Times: Being Calm and Courageous No Matter What by Peter L. Steinke. Available in ebook .
- Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hanh. Available in audio.