Pilgrim Congregational Church UCC, Redding is committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns about the use of your personal data, please contact us and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal data is defined as any information pertaining to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing is any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
Data subject is a natural person whose personal data is being processed.
“Child” – a natural person under 18 years of age.
Pilgrim Congregational Church UCC, Redding – We/us (capitalized or not)
Data Protection Principles
We pledge to adhere to the following data protection principles:
- Processing is legal, equitable, and transparent. Our processing activities are lawful. Before processing personal data, we always consider your rights. On request, we will provide you with processing information.
- Processing is restricted to the intended purpose. Our processing activities are appropriate for the purpose for which personal data was collected.
- Processing is carried out with as little data as possible. We only collect and process the bare minimum of personal data required for any given purpose.
- There is a time limit for processing. We will not keep your personal information for any longer than is necessary.
- We will do everything possible to ensure the data’s accuracy.
- We will do everything possible to ensure data integrity and confidentiality.
Data Subject’s Rights
The Data subject has the following rights:
- The right to information includes the right to know whether your personal data is being processed, what data is being collected, where it is being collected, and why and by whom it is being processed.
- You have the right to see the information that has been gathered about or from you. This includes the right to request and obtain a copy of the personal data collected about you.
- The right to rectification entails the ability to request that inaccurate or incomplete personal data be corrected or erased.
- You have the right to have your personal data erased from our records in certain circumstances.
- If certain conditions are met, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- In certain circumstances, such as direct marketing, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to automated processing—this means that you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling, and that you will not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right can be exercised whenever the results of profiling have legal consequences for you or have a significant impact on you.
- You have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or, if possible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to file a complaint – If we deny your request under the rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. Please contact us if you are dissatisfied with the way your request was handled.
- Right to assistance from a supervisory authority—this means you have the right to assistance from a supervisory authority as well as the right to other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to revoke any consent you have given for the processing of your personal data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This could be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address, or other information that is required to deliver a product/service to you or to improve your customer experience with us. We save the information you give us so that you can comment or do other things on the website. This information may include your name and e-mail address, for example.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes data stored automatically by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, IP address, shopping history (if any), and so on. This data is used to enhance your customer experience. When you use our services or visit our website, your activities may be recorded.
Publicly available information
We may collect publicly available information about you.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your personal data to:
- provide you with our services. This includes, for example, registering your account;
- providing you with other products and services that you have requested;
- providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you about those products and services;
- communicating and interacting with you; and informing you about changes to any services.
- improve your customer experience;
- fulfill a legal or contractual obligation
We use your personal information on legitimate grounds and/or with your permission.
We process your personal data for the following purposes on the basis of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations:
- to recognize you;
- to provide you with a service or send/offer you a product;
- to communicate for either sales or billing;
We process your personal data for the following reasons based on legitimate interest:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or carefully chosen partners);
- to administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/services offered/provided;
- to conduct client satisfaction questionnaires;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same as your purchasing history or browsing behavior to be in our legitimate interest.
We process your personal data with your permission for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes for which you have provided consent;
We process your personal data in order to fulfill legal obligations and/or to use your personal data for legal options. We reserve the right to anonymize and use any personal data gathered. We will only use data that has been anonymized outside the scope of this policy. Your billing information and other information collected about you will be kept for as long as is required for accounting purposes or other legal obligations, but no longer than seven years.
We may process your personal data for additional purposes not listed here that are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was collected. To accomplish this, we will ensure that:
- The relationship between personal data’s purposes, context, and nature lends itself to further processing.
- Further processing would not jeopardize your interests, and there would be an appropriate safeguard in place.
We will notify you of any additional processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We never share your personal information with outsiders. In some cases, we share personal information about you with trusted partners in order to provide the service to you or to improve your customer experience. We share your information with:
Our processing partners:
We only work with processing partners who can provide adequate protection for your personal data. We disclose your personal information to third parties or public officials when required by law. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have consented to it or if other legal grounds exist.
How we secure your data
We make every effort to keep your personal information secure. We communicate and transfer data using secure protocols (such as HTTPS). When appropriate, we use anonymization and pseudonymization. We keep an eye out for potential vulnerabilities and attacks on our systems.
Despite our best efforts, we cannot guarantee information security. However, we promise to notify appropriate authorities in the event of a data breach. We will also notify you if your rights or interests are threatened. We will do everything possible to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities if they occur.
If you have an account with us, please keep your username and password private.
We do not intend or intend to collect information from children. Our services are not aimed at children.
Cookies and other technologies we use
Cookies and/or similar technologies are used to analyze customer behavior, administer the website, track users’ movements, and collect user information. This is done to personalize and improve your experience with us.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to assist in the operation of websites. Only we have access to the cookies that our website generates. Cookies can be managed at the browser level. Disabling cookies may make it difficult to use certain functions.
- Necessary cookies are required for you to use certain features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies do not collect any personally identifiable information.
- Functionality cookies provide functionality that makes using our service easier and allows us to provide more personalized features. For example, they may remember your name and email address in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter it the next time you comment.
- Analytics cookies are used to track how our website and services are being used and how well they are performing.
- Advertising cookies are used to deliver relevant advertisements based on your preferences and interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are typically placed on websites by advertising networks with the permission of the website operator. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and share this information with third parties such as advertisers. Targeting or advertising cookies are frequently linked to site functionality provided by another organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Contact by email , (530) 243-1928
Last modification was made 10/12/2022.