What to Expect
On Sundays at 10 a.m., we worship in person, or you can watch a recording of a service on our YouTube channel.
After the service, everyone is welcome to join us in the Fellowship Hall at 11:15 a.m. for Coffee Hour, where we’ll share drinks and snacks. There is no dress code.
Ushers and Nametags
You will be welcomed and given a Sunday bulletin when you arrive. A greeter will ask you if you want a name tag and for your contact information, like your email address, so that we can send you our weekly Pilgrim’s Way update. We won’t share your contact information or send you spam.
We wear name tags to make it easier for visitors to get to know our regular members, but they are completely optional. We know that some visitors prefer to stay anonymous.
Children Are Most Welcome
Children of all ages are always welcome to remain in the sanctuary during church services, as long as they and their adults are comfortable. We have a nursery for children up to the age of three, as well as Sunday school and Youth Group. On the fifth Sunday of the month, our youth participate in leading service. Read more about our offerings for kids of all ages here.
When new, it’s always nice to know what to expect. Our worship style is traditional, with the order of service following a printed bulletin:
- Call and Response and written prayers; congregational prayers are also offered.
- A hymnal or song book is used for words and music.
- Scripture readings follow a liturgical calendar.
- Except during summer, a choir sings an anthem, accompanied by piano.
- Our Preacher gives an informal, interactive sermon, with a progressive Christian message following seasonal themes and addressing practical applications of faith in our daily lives.
- A pew pad is placed at the end of each row and you are asked to pass it down the row after registering your attendance with us.
- A collection is taken toward the end of the service.
- It is our custom to join hands in a circle at the end of the service and together sing “God be with you until we meet again.”
Check out our YouTube channel to see recordings of past services.
We look forward to you joining us!
We are Open and Affirming. People of any age, gender, preference, and ability are welcome here!
Whoever you are, wherever you are on life’s journey, you are welcome at Pilgrim Church!