What to Expect
Time: 10 AM on Sundays, followed by
Fellowship Hour at about 11:15 AM.
Extravagant Welcome: We are an “open and affirming” congregation where all are welcome.
Ushers: You will be greeted and given a Sunday Bulletin. You may take your welcome coffee with you to your seat.
Name Tags: A Greeter will ask you if you would like a name tag and share contact information such as email address so we may send you our weekly Pilgrim’s Way update. We wear name tags to make it easier for visitors to get to know our regular members, but they are strictly optional – we understand that some visitors prefer to remain anonymous. We will not share your contact information or spam you.
Children: Sit with their parents until the Children’s Message is given by Ann Corrin and then they are dismissed to Children’s Sunday School in the basement, down the stairs to the right of the entry. Children join their parents again before the close of the service.
Todler Care: Provided by a paid, professional care-giver, at the end of the Gallery Hall on the south side of the Sanctuary.
Worship Style: Our worship style is “traditional,” with the order of service following a printed Bulletin:
- Call and Response and written prayers; congregational prayers are also offered, followed by a collective call, “Into your loving Hands.”
- A hymnal or song book is used for words and music.
- Scripture readings follow the liturgical calendar.
- Except during summer, a choir sings an anthem, accompanied by piano.
- Ann Corrin gives an informal, interactive sermon (not read), with a progressive Christian message following seasonal themes and addressing practical applications of faith in our daily lives.
- A pew pad is placed at the end of each row and you are asked to pass it down the row after registering your attendance with us.
- A collection is taken toward the end of the service and first time visitors are not expected to contribute.
- It is our custom to join hands in a circle at the end of the service and together sing “God be with you until we meet again.”
Fellowship Hour: Everyone is invited to have a beverage and some snack after worship in Fellowship Hall, south of the sanctuary.
We look forward to you joining us!