June 2016 Worship Report
One busy month coming up…we thought the coming of summer meant moving into a relaxed laid-back time, but no! June is packed with four not-to-be-missed Sundays.
• The Rev. Ann Corrin’s sermon theme, The Tie that Binds, continues throughout June with concepts to ponder regarding why and when we work together and our how relationships form our individual and corporate lives.
• FYI: June 5th will be the last day choir sings for the 2015-16 choir year. Do see Sheri Curtis to sign up for the special music time of the worship service with your gift of music, dance or a reading.
• June 12 marks an extra special event for us as the Rev. Diane Wieble, our Northern California Northern Nevada (NCNC) Conference Minister, will be in our pulpit. Having our Conference Minister with us in Redding is rare indeed, so be sure to meet her.
• The NCNC Annual Gathering is taking place mid-June. Quoting from their web-site: Race, racial justice, and dismantling racism will be the focus of NCNC’s 2016 Annual Gathering, June 16 – 19, at Sonoma State University in Rohnert Park. Our theme — “Have You Seen Your Neighbor?” — is drawn from I John 4: 7 – 21, our focus Bible text for the event. We look forward to hearing highlights June 26 when our three delegates return: Ann (clergy) is going and taking Elizabeth Shuster (young adult) and Yani Henderson (youth), so we will be well-represented.
• Remember Dad! June 19 is Father’s Day.
See you in church!
Remembering that every day our lives reflect how we experience worship,
Pam Crowe & Donna Nelson